Code of Conduct & Other Policies
Code of Conduct
WOPR Summit is an immersive hands-on hacking convention that is focused on hardware, software, and wireless technologies.
We value the participation of each member of the community and want all attendees to have an enjoyable and fulfilling experience. Accordingly, all attendees are expected to show respect and courtesy to other attendees throughout the convention and at all convention events, whether officially sponsored by the WOPR Summit organizers or not.
To make clear what is expected, all staff, attendees, speakers, exhibitors, organizers, and volunteers at WOPR Summit are required to conform to the following Code of Conduct. Organizers will enforce this code throughout the event.
WOPR Summit is dedicated to providing a positive convention experience for everyone, regardless of age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, or religion (or lack thereof), education, or socio-economic status.
Examples of behavior that contributes to creating a positive environment include:
- Being kind to others
- Behaving professionally
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences
- Gracefully accepting constructive criticism
- Showing empathy towards others
Examples of unacceptable behavior by participants include:
- Harassment of attendees, volunteers, speakers, employees of the venue, and/or Daemons in any form
- Deliberate intimidation and/or stalking
- Violent threats directed against another person
- Unwelcome sexual attention or advances
- Unwelcome physical contact
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Other conduct that is inappropriate for a professional audience including people of many different backgrounds
Participants asked to stop any inappropriate behavior are expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in behavior that violates this code of conduct, the convention organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the convention with no refund.
This Code of Conduct applies to everyone participating at WOPR Summit - from attendees and exhibitors to speakers, press, volunteers, and Daemons.
Anyone can report harassment. If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, you can contact a Daemon, go to the WOPR Summit check-in desk, or info booth.
Conference staff will be happy to help participants contact hotel security, local law enforcement, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of WOPR Summit.
Thank you for helping make this a welcoming, friendly event for all.